Shibumi - Simply Wonderful

In the course of my "royal watching" for this blog, I came by chance across the Shibumi range.

I am stunned!

The items are exclusively made from silk and cashmere. The cut of the coats and dresses is markedly simple to go with the flamboyant colours and patterns of the dresses and coats.

A dressing gown,
An ankle length evening coat.
A short coat.
A jacket coat.




A very formal evening coat with its lovely details.

This selection reflects my own sartorial taste in colours, there are countless different ones. Just have a look at the Shibumi page.

Being in the third trimester of my life now, I find it absolutely wonderful that there are such beautiful clothes for the err... more mature vintages, which are neither boring or matronly, nor too apparently mother-of-the-bride-ish, yet dignified and "proper". I'm not "into" garish clothes at all, but I would wear Shibumi any time at the right occasion, in fact, I never thought I'd ever like something like this.
It is appreciated as well by me, that there are hardly any models who are not a day older than 40 and slim as a blade, as seen at other MoB-fashion couturiers.

Not that it can't be worn by young, even very young, women as well.

And they are worn at royal weddings as well, here the May 2018 one.

Lady Jane Fellowes née Spencer, aunt to the groom, who wears a Shibumi Nehru Coat in Duck Egg, reading at the service.
Emilie Van Cutsem, widow of Hugh van Cutsem, wears a Shibumi Delphine Coat in Flame.
The van Cutsem family are long-standing frinds of the Prince of Wales and his sons. Her sons William and Nicholas are godfather to Prince William and Prince Louis respectively. The van Cutsems are Catholic.
The lovely Shibumi pieces are in a three-figure price range.

Yes, all items are below the 500£ margin. And no, I don't get any kickbacks from Shibumi, I genuinely like their lines.

Apropos lines - there are as well fabrics (available by the meter), bedspreads and sofa throws. And because I AM - in marked difference to my sartorial taste - "into" flamboyant interior decoration, this wins me over too.


And there's useful advice as well. Enjoy!